Tampa Trucking Accident Lawyers
First of all, staying safe on the road is a priority of all drivers. However, large trucks like 18-wheelers, semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, or other large commercial vehicles can pose a danger to others on the road. Because getting into a collision with a large truck is vastly different than a car accident. Due to the size difference of the vehicles, serious injuries or fatalities are likely. Thus, you may not know what to do if you or a loved one is a victim of a trucking accident. Our Tampa trucking accident lawyers will help you get the compensation you deserve.
Leading Causes of Trucking Accidents
Large trucks like 18-wheelers can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, while the average weight of a car is 4,000 pounds. As a result, it makes it easy to see how a trucking accident can lead to serious injuries for the passenger vehicle. In fact, some of the leading causes of trucking accidents include:
- Driver Error – driving drowsy, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, distracted driving, or reckless driving.
- Poor Maintenance – driving with worn brake pads or a cracked windshield.
- Equipment Failure – parts manufacturer neglect during production, truck manufacturer, a trucking company that sold the truck, and the installer/mechanic who made part repairs.
- Inclement Weather – not adequately trained and prepared to drive in conditions like rain, snow, and ice.
- Improper Loading of Cargo – not abiding by industry-specific weight, size, length, width, and height limits to a load, as well as special methods of securing cargo while loading cargo.
Who is Liable?
Large truck accidents are often difficult and complex relative to other highway accidents. Though, driver negligence may be the number one cause. But, responsibility could fall on parties like the trucking company, truck owners, maintenance technicians, and parts manufacturers. Even though, the trucking industry may seem like they have unlimited resources to fight personal injury claims. At RHINO Lawyers our Tampa trucking accident lawyers have the knowledge and resources to take them head-on!